Orthodontic treatment corrects problems such as crooked or crowded teeth, overbites and under bites.
Traditional orthodontic braces consist of a system of wires and metal or clear brackets that are attached to the front surfaces of teeth to gradually move them into the desired position over a period of months.
Although they are effective, sometimes the wearer may feel that they are not the most aesthetic option.
Incognito lingual braces offer an effective, aesthetic alternative to wearing traditional style front-facing braces.
How Is Incognito Different?
Incognito hidden braces correct orthodontic problems just like conventional braces, but the system of brackets and thin wires are fixed to the back surface of each tooth instead of the front.
The hidden brackets are perfectly customised for the shape and needs of each individual tooth and the treatment is just as effective as traditional methods for resolving most common orthodontic abnormalities.
Benefits of Lingual Orthodontic Treatment
When compared to traditional orthodontic treatments, Incognito braces and wires offer several clear advantages. Here are a few examples.
- They are completely hidden in social situations, so they don’t cause embarrassment; no one will know about them unless they are told.
- They are attached to the back surfaces of teeth, so they don’t distort lip contour. The wearer’s natural facial shape and appearance will remain intact.
- Because they are 100 percent customised and use intelligent wires and brackets, fewer adjustments and follow-up visits are required.
- They provide quick, precise results.
- Unlike clear aligner trays, you don’t have to remove them while eating or brushing.
- They can treat problems that aligner trays cannot, including significant gaps, rotations and tooth height irregularities.
- They don’t cause discoloration or damage to visible tooth surfaces, even with less-than-perfect oral hygiene.